Are you looking to get cashback on your grocery receipts? That’s where Fetch Rewards comes in. In this Fetch Rewards review, we’ll talk about how the app works and how to maximize the money you make from the app.
Fetch Rewards is an app that lets you scan receipts and get cashback on them. It doesn’t matter which grocery store you’ve shopped at, and it also doesn’t matter if you’ve bought your items online or in-store. You scan your receipt and redeem the points for gift cards at places like Amazon, Visa, and more.
In this review, we’ll go into how the Fetch Rewards app works if it’s legit, and how you can maximize how much money you make with their platform.
What Is Fetch Rewards?
Fetch Rewards is a mobile app that allows you to earn points for groceries. You can get cashback on your purchases by uploading your receipt or shopping with specific brands.
The Fetch Rewards app is free to use. It’s an easy-to-use app, and there’s not more to it than simply scanning your receipt or linking your online receipt. It all happens automatically and in the app. Plus, it doesn’t matter where you’ve done your shopping. You can upload your receipt from anywhere, including Target, Shipt, Walmart, and more.
With Fetch Rewards, you can earn points with more than just grocery shopping. You’ll get points when you upload your receipt from among others:
- Supermarkets and grocery stores
- Hardware stores
- Liquor stores
- Pet stores
When you have enough points saved, you can get rewards like a gift card to many online retailers. Examples include Amazon, Delta, Hulu, Walmart, and more.
How Does Fetch Rewards Work?
Fetch Rewards is simple to use. First, you can go to the Google Play Store or the iTunes App Store and download the app for free. Then, after you’ve created an account, you can start using it.
So how does the app work?
- When you’re done shopping, you upload your receipt. There are no specific offers that you need to unlock first and no barcodes to scan. Your receipt must be scanned within 14 days and will get you 25 points every time you scan a receipt. There’s a maximum of 35 receipts you can upload per week.
- Fetch Rewards will check if your receipt has any of the products they’re offering points for. You’ll get between 250-5,000 points per item, ranging from $.25 to $5 per offer. You may have more than one offer on your receipt, and you can earn more than once per receipt.
- You’ll get bonus points when there is a special offer, or you’ve reached specific milestones with your account. All of that will happen automatically, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
- If you want to increase your earnings with the Fetch app, you can refer friends or family. You’ll both get 2,000 bonus points when your referral scans their first receipt.
- You can cash out when you earn 3,000 points ($3 equivalent).
How To Cash Out My Money?
When you’ve collected more than 3,000 points ($3 worth), you can cash out. You have five different redemption options with Fetch Rewards:
- They offer gift cards to Amazon, Delta, Walmart, Visa, Uber, Target, Hulu, and more.
- You can get a prepaid Visa card with your points earned.
- You can decide to donate your money to charities, such as the Red Cross or the American Cancer Society.
- When you have enough points, you can opt for magazine subscriptions.
- They offer an option to enter into sweepstakes with your points, starting at 100 points.
The more points you collect, the more gift cards you can choose. If you reach 15,000-25,000 points, you can virtually choose any gift card you want.
Fetch Rewards doesn’t offer cashback to PayPal or Venmo as other apps do. They only offer gift cards. However, with options like Visa Prepaid and Amazon, you know you can spend your money on the products you want.
How Does Fetch Rewards Make Money?
Fetch Rewards makes money through affiliate deals with brands. It has collaborations with different brands or platforms, where it gets paid. Every time someone purchases one of the referral products, Fetch Rewards get a small percentage.
The brands that work with Fetch Rewards can also promote specific products on the app. So, for example, a particular branded product could be offered and give you above-average points when you purchase the item. That, in turn, leads to more brand exposure and customer loyalty.
Fetch Rewards Review – Features
Fetch Rewards offers excellent features to their customers. These include:
- An activity dashboard where you can see how much you’re spending per month. You can see how much you’ve spent per store, per week, and you can check even a single receipt in detail.
- Fetch Pay is a debit card that lets you earn cashback on any purchases you make. You’ll get 1 point per $1 paid. Given that 1,000 points are worth $1, you have to spend $1,000 to earn $1.
- Fetch offers a rewards program, where you get a referral bonus when you refer friends or family. They give you a unique referral code to start earning.
Pros of Using Fetch Rewards
With every platform, there are pros and cons. With Fetch Rewards, the fantastic things about the platform are:
- The Fetch Rewards app is free to use.
- Fetch Rewards works with all grocery retailers. So it doesn’t matter if you shop at Trader Joe’s, Walmart, or Whole Foods.
- You’ll get 2,000 bonus points when signing up.
- Uploading a receipt is fast and easy.
- There’s no such thing as unlocking offers or scanning barcodes.
- You can upload your receipts to Fetch Rewards when you shop online at Walmart, Target, Instacart, and more.
- You can get a gift card for $3, or 3,000 points.
- You can upload your receipt to Fetch Rewards and upload them to other cashback apps like Ibotta. There are even cases in which Fetch Rewards and Ibotta both offer a promo on the same item, which is an excellent opportunity to earn more from the platform.
Cons of Using Fetch Rewards
While Fetch Rewards can be a great platform if you’re looking to earn money with your grocery receipts, they also have some drawbacks. These are:
- There are not as many offers as their competitors.
- When you have a receipt with no special offers, the points you earn are limited.
- You can only cash out your points in gift cards.
- You can only upload 35 receipts per 7 days.
What Are Fetch Rewards Alternatives?
When you’ve scanned your receipt with Fetch Rewards, there are other apps you can use to scan your receipt and give your cashback on your purchases.
Ibotta is a well-known receipt scanning app that gives you cashback on your purchases. You can earn money with Ibotta by scanning grocery receipts and restaurants and electronics receipts.
Plus, you can earn money by shopping through their online platform at dozens of retailers like Walmart. For example, you click the link to one of Ibotta’s partners, and you’ll get 1-10% cashback when you shop in their stores.
Ibotta is a large platform with plenty of offers for you to make some cashback on your groceries and other expenses.
With Checkout 51, you can also get cashback on your groceries. It doesn’t offer as much as Ibotta, but it has unique offers. For example, you can regularly get cashback on fruit and vegetables.
When you’ve earned $10, you can cash it out and choose a gift card on the platform.
Fetch Rewards – Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to use the Fetch Rewards app, you probably have some questions after reading all this info. Here are the most frequently asked questions.
Is Fetch Rewards Legit?
Fetch Rewards is a legitimate company that gives you cash back for shopping and grocery receipts. It is not a scam, and it’s a legitimate cashback app that gives you points when uploading your receipts.
How Do I Cash Out Fetch Rewards?
When you’re in the Fetch Rewards app, you can decide how you want to cash out your rewards. You can choose from gift cards, charities, magazine subscriptions, or enter sweepstakes. For example, you can cash out from 3,000 points (equal to $3).
Do My Points Expire With Fetch Rewards?
When your account is inactive for longer than 90 days, your points expire. When you’ve already redeemed gift cards on the platform, they usually don’t expire. Check with the retailer of your gift card to be sure what terms and conditions apply.
Is Fetch Rewards for Me?
Using receipt scanning apps is a great way to make some extra money on the side. It doesn’t matter if you’re saving for holiday gifts, need some extra spending money, or want to invest your money. Scanning receipts is a quick and easy way to make some extra cash.
Suppose you want to maximize your earnings when scanning receipts, be sure to check out other cashback apps. Combining several apps may mean that you get cash back on the same purchase.
Especially if you go grocery shopping frequently and buy other home goods, it’s worth giving the platform a try. See how much you can earn by just scanning your grocery receipts.
Radical FIRE is a personal finance platform that is all about financial independence. At Radical FIRE, you will learn to save money, make more money, and invest to optimize your way to freedom. We want you to reach your financial goals and have fun while doing it!