With our current economy and society, burning yourself out is easy. Everyone’s always gunning for the hustle and the grind, and really, who has time to even dream about those vacation quotes we keep saving on our smartphones? But has anyone stopped and thought about taking a break?
Vacations are part of our compensation at work. Though it’s great for you to exert effort and focus on whatever task you’re given, remember that you must also take time off for yourself.
When you go on a vacation, you recharge and renew your energy. You nurture your soul with all the new experiences you encounter, all the new people you meet, and all the new places you explore.
Life is short, and you’ll never know what’ll happen tomorrow. So, don’t wait until it’s too late—or until you’re old—before you travel the world!
Go on a vacation right now and help yourself grow and develop. We’ve gathered some great vacation quotes below to encourage you to plan your next holiday!
Best Vacation Quotes
1. “Take vacations. Go to as many places as you can. You can always make money, but you can’t always make memories.” – Anonymous
Life is too beautiful to keep ourselves locked in our bubbles. There are many things to see, numerous things to do, and countless people to meet. Remember, you’re working to live a full life; don’t ever think that traveling or going on vacations is a waste of money because it never is!
2. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
People often think that going on vacation means we want to escape everything we’re currently facing. However, remember that traveling is not about living a fantasy; it’s about getting to know and living reality. Traveling and taking vacations are great ways to get yourself grounded and to help you fully appreciate all that life has to offer!
3. “I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times.” – Anthony Bourdain
No matter where you go, you’ll encounter a traveler who plans their trips to the very second. While knowing which bus or train to take or when to sit down for a meal can be helpful, traveling is not about perfecting plans. It’s about allowing spontaneity to embed itself in your life; through this, you get to experience all the small but life-changing things you otherwise wouldn’t encounter if you were stuck nose-deep in your plans, itineraries, and Excel sheets!
4. “A vacation helps to relieve stress and boredom, gives us a change of scenery, provides us with adventure, and helps to bring us closer to the people in our lives.” – E. S. Woods
Often, we get too caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. When this happens, we allow ourselves to miss out on a lot of things we ought to experience at least once in our lifetime. Life is not about working ourselves to the bone, so take a break, spend time with your loved ones, visit new places, explore new lakes, and live life however you want to!
5. “In matters of healing the body or the mind, vacation is a true genius!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
When all you do is work and work, you’ll no doubt burn yourself out. You always need to take time to heal your body and mind, and there’s no better way to do that than unwinding and disconnecting from the outside world! Take some days off and allow the world’s beauty to recharge your soul!
6. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” – Earl Wilson
It’s pretty easy for work and other responsibilities to suck us dry. When this happens, one of the best ways to regain your lost energy is by going on vacation. Once you do, you’ll immediately feel refreshed and ready to tackle anything head-on once again!
7. “Do not wait until you are dying to go on vacation. I think if I had to give you one piece of advice, that would be it. We put things off. We do not mean to, but we do. We carry around the assumption that there is plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done.” – Marty Cauley
We work day in and day out, thinking we have all the time in the world to do what we love and explore the unknown once we retire. However, tomorrow is not promised. You’ll never know when you’ll be taking your last breath; instead of waiting, go out there, have fun, and go to places you’ve never been!
8. “Vacations mean a change of pace—a gentleness with ourselves, a time of rest and renewal, and a time to stretch ourselves and encounter new people, new lands, new ways, and new options.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
Going on a vacation is a great way to reward ourselves for a job well done. When we travel and take time off for ourselves, we fill ourselves with positive energy that will no doubt push us even further toward our dreams; it works just like reading encouraging quotes. So, take a break, renew yourself, and allow new energy to flow into you!
Short Vacation Quotes
9. “Vacations are necessities, not luxuries.” – Linda Bloom
People say vacations are just for wealthy people, but that’s not true. Taking time away from our jobs is a necessity—one that is essential for our growth and productivity at work. You deserve a vacation, and don’t ever let anyone else tell you otherwise!
10. “When all else fails, take a vacation.” – Betty Williams
The busyness of life can catch us off guard. When this happens, it feels like everything around us is crumbling down, and we can’t keep our feet planted on the ground. So, like the quote above, take a vacation to stay afloat!
11. “Some of your best ideas come when you’re on vacation.” – Gautam Singhania
Vacations are the birthplace of many creative ideas. After all, when we’re stuck at work, everything’s just a never-ending cycle of to-do lists, meetings, and presentations. So, going on vacation provides the much-needed inspiration to change your perspective on life!
12. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
Once you leave your routine at work and go on a vacation, it’ll seem like you have all the time in the world but nothing to do. But make no mistake! That time you gain doing nothing while on vacation helps you recharge and renew yourself, so you’ll have more energy to face work once you return!
13. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
Let’s face it; traveling can be an expensive hobby or activity. You spend thousands buying plane tickets, booking accommodations, and going on tours. Having said that, even with all the money you’ve spent, a vacation leaves you much richer because of all the new experiences and memories you’ve gained.
Funny Vacation Quotes
14. “I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.” – Anonymous
Vacations are often short-lived. After all, we all have responsibilities we have to get back to. If you think the same way, you’re not alone; we all want to go somewhere without interruptions, no emails, and no messages—isolated enough to forget all our passwords at work!
15. “Chilling out on the bed in your hotel room watching television, while wearing your own pajamas, is sometimes the best part of a vacation.” – Laura Marano
Some people travel to go on tours and explore new places; there’s nothing wrong with this! However, there’s also a type of traveler who wants to lounge around, do nothing, and simply relax. Sometimes, this is the best way to enjoy your vacation and let your day-to-day stress fade away!
16. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” – Zig Ziglar
Let’s be honest; many of us work like robots following a routine. Yet, the moment we plan a vacation, it seems like we’re filled with renewed energy to conquer the day! This is even more so the day before we go on a break; we get excited for the next day and work like crazy to ensure we finish everything that needs to be done before we leave.
17. “My first day back at work has inspired me to book my next vacation.” – Anonymous
Taking an extended vacation helps your soul, but it certainly doesn’t help your mindset once you step into the office again. The moment you do, you’ll feel like the time you were on vacation was not enough; you want to book another plane ticket out of there! If you’re feeling the same way, take a moment to be thankful for the vacation you were just in; you can even read some positive quotes to help you get back on track and be more productive!
18. “Last year, I came away from the vacation thoroughly bloated and 10 pounds heavier, convinced I’d blocked an artery and possibly shortened my lifespan by a few months. But I was also deliriously contented, which is surely what it’s all about.” – Cash Peters
In this day and age, we are overly conscious of our weight and what we look like. However, when you go on vacation, it’s best to throw those thoughts out of the window! Remember, life is about enjoying all the small things, including the ice cream and cake you eat during your time off!
Vacation Quotes to Get You Excited
19. “Think about it; how do you feel when you are planning a vacation? You feel excited and happy. Your stress level is diminished, and this also affects your work in a positive way.” – John Morgan
Planning a vacation can be stressful; there are many things to do and much to check. But, alongside this, we can’t deny that there’s a certain happiness or excitement in the air, too! So, plan that long-awaited time off; we’re sure it’ll help you be more productive in finishing the tasks at hand.
20. “As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you’ve allotted for vacation.” – John Battelle
Many grow up thinking that achieving success at work is the only sure way of attaining happiness. However, as you get older, you slowly realize that life isn’t only about making an income or being promoted; it’s about living life to the fullest, including making the most of the time off provided for you. So, don’t wait until you retire to travel the world; do it now because you don’t know what’ll happen tomorrow!
21. “A one-day holiday can, at times, be better than a one-week vacation if you totally unplug for that one day!” – Catherine Pulsifer
A lot of people believe that to truly enjoy a holiday, they have to take at least a week off work. However, like Catherine Pulsifer’s quote above, remember that quality is much better than quantity. It doesn’t matter how long—or short—your vacation is; if you disconnect and allow yourself time to recharge fully, then even one day is more than enough!
22. “Trips and vacations are so much more. These experiences show you what’s possible and challenge you to examine the paths you’ll take in the future.” – Blake Mycoskie
Most people chuck vacations and trips as just a break from work. However, this time you take for yourself allows you to cultivate your ability to tackle problems and other challenges that await you. Vacations can be productive, too, as long as you take it as an opportunity to equip yourself with a rested mindset that’ll help you conquer another day!
Family Vacation Quotes
23. “When you travel with your children, you are giving them something that can never be taken away—experience, exposure, and a way of life.” – Pamela T. Chandler
It’s undeniable that traveling with children opens you up to a challenging road ahead. Even so, have the patience and dedication to explore the world with your little ones. When you open their minds to the beauty of traveling and going on vacations with the family, you extend their learning space to all corners of the world—not just the four walls of their classroom or your home.
24. “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them; they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
Some parents work hard to provide their kids with all the material things they would ever need and want. Though there’s nothing inherently wrong with this, remember that more than the material things, your children will grow to remember all the intangible things you gave them. Your time and memories with them are what they would take with them for a lifetime—not the dolls and toy cars you gift them.
25. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
We all know the saying that home is not a place; rather, it’s the people we love. So, when we travel and go on vacations with our family, we always take our home with us—no matter where we go. Family vacations bring us comfort and joy because even though we’re far away from our house, we’ll always be with the people we consider home!
Are You Ready to Plan and Book Your Next Vacation?
As you’ve learned from the quotes above, vacations are a necessity. Some people think you need to be wealthy to go on a trip or have a break, but that’s not the case.
Quality is better than quantity. Even if you only have one day off work, that’ll be enough to recharge yourself!
Always remember that life is not meant to be lived by being stuck in the four walls of your office or home. Rather than that, we should explore the world and widen our horizons!
Let’s meet new people who will add zest back into our lives and go to new places that will shape us into entirely new people! Vacations are life-changing, so don’t wait till you’re too old to go on one.
This article originally appeared on Savoteur.